POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity Q and small feature request... Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:24:53 EDT (-0400)
  Radiosity Q and small feature request... (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Xplo Eristotle
Subject: Radiosity Q and small feature request...
Date: 31 Mar 1999 22:24:53
Message: <3702E5D0.21B54B0D@infomagic.com>
First the question(s): how is radiosity calculated? Is it just based on the
total of direct and ambient light on a given surface, or are there some kind
of light-independent variables involved? Is it affected by
reflection/transparency, and if so, how? How does it vary by distance (or DOES
it)? I have a good idea of what it does, but almost no idea how it does it,
and the dox are terribly uninformative.

Second, the feature request (though gods know when this feature, if added,
will do ME any good): why not make "metallic" a variable, instead of a simple
property, so that you could define the amount of "metallicness"? Compared to
some of the things people ask for, implementing this one ought to be child's play...

-Xplo

Post a reply to this message