POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : realign math help Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:26:40 EDT (-0400)
  realign math help (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Rune S  Johansen
Subject: realign math help
Date: 28 Mar 1999 08:48:33
Message: <36fe3331.0@news.povray.org>
Wanted:
realign (sp1,sp2,sp3,sp4,ep1,ep2,ep3,ep4)

I want a macro that transform an object
in the following way:
I give the macro four points.
Then I tell the macro where I want to
move each of the point to.
A matrix can do that if the startpoints
are x, y, z, and the origin but in this
macro it can be any points.
Maybe the macro could also do the
calculations with only the three first
points if I write the string "auto" in
place of startpoint4 and endpoint4.

I can find quite some uses for this macro:
1) together with the "knee" macro from
   "macs.inc". Now the leg can be made
   of more complicated objects.
2) When trying to make uv-texture-mapping
   (also in animations).
3) Much more uses which I can't remember
   right now.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

Rune S. Johansen
http://hjem.get2net.dk/rsj

Post a reply to this message

> realign (sp1,sp2,sp3,sp4,ep1,ep2,ep3,ep4)
>
> I want a macro that transform an object
> in the following way:
> I give the macro four points.
> Then I tell the macro where I want to
> move each of the point to.
> A matrix can do that if the startpoints
> are x, y, z, and the origin but in this
> macro it can be any points.
> Maybe the macro could also do the
> calculations with only the three first
> points if I write the string "auto" in
> place of startpoint4 and endpoint4.
>
> I can find quite some uses for this macro:
> 1) together with the "knee" macro from
>    "macs.inc". Now the leg can be made
>    of more complicated objects.
> 2) When trying to make uv-texture-mapping
>    (also in animations).
> 3) Much more uses which I can't remember
>    right now.
>
> Any help appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rune S. Johansen
> http://hjem.get2net.dk/rsj

  Did you by any chance check out the macro station at http://twysted.net .
There are several macros there that are based on reorienting objects,
points in space etc. You may get some inspiration there or you might
even find what you need already complete.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net