POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : paralell lines and fisheyes Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:14:58 EDT (-0400)
  paralell lines and fisheyes (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Bob Hughes
Subject: Re: paralell lines and fisheyes
Date: 19 Feb 1999 06:16:34
Message: <36CD47ED.E7DF453F@aol.com>
Thanks, but now I don't get to struggle with that alone, darn it all ;)

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
 mailto:inv### [at] aolcom?PoV

Post a reply to this message

From: ingo
Date: 19 Feb 1999 06:18:19
Message: <36cd487b.0@news.povray.org>
>An example of camera shearing for perpective correction. Put -uv in the
>commandline when transforming the camera.

Some additional info on camera shearing.

camera

location <0,0,-3>
look_at <0,0,0>
matrix < 1, 0, A
               0, 1, B
              C, D, 1
               0, 0, 0 >
}
box { -0.5,0.5 }

The matrix should be last in the camera statement.
Use -uv in the commandline

A: The effect is as if you are rotating the filmplane around the Y-axis
(pov). With +A the right side of the film wil be closer to the box and wil
be seen much bigger than the left side. You will see only the front of the
box, not the sides.

B: As if rotating around the X-axis. Same situation as with A but the top or
bottom wil be enlarged.

C: Here the lensplane and film plane are translated horizontal to opposite
sides. You will see a perfect scare front plane of the cube and also one of
its sides. (this one in combination with A is perfect for advertising,
stretching the limo even further).

D: Here the two planes are translated vertical and in opposite direction.
This makes it possible to see the front and top or bottom of the cube. Again
the front is a perfect square. (C+D is perfect for detergent ads, a perfect
rectangular frontside and you can also see the top and right side of the
package).

ingo

--
Met dank aan de muze met het glazen oog.