POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : htmlflame=on Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:20:57 EDT (-0400)
  htmlflame=on (Message 21 to 30 of 40)
From: Ron Parker
Subject: Re: htmlflame=on
Date: 29 Jan 1999 15:13:56
Message: <36b21684.0@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 29 Jan 1999 11:49:48 -0800, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
>   I'm going to reverse my earlier statement after reading
>some of your replies to the replies to your earlier post
>because of some replies you read to another post which
>wasn't posted to you but posted to someone else's posted
>message who if they have taken offense to the post should
>be defending their post because of the replies to that
>post and not to any post you have posted yet so far.

Ken, are you sure you're not a Clinton speechwriter?  Or
maybe a robot?

Post a reply to this message

From: Josh English
Date: 29 Jan 1999 16:19:03
Message: <36B226B8.2013543E@spiritone.com>
Ken wrote:

> Ken wrote:
> >
> > Lue Ebra wrote:
> > >
> > > I've watched the flamewars regarding html usage, and frankly, I think it's
> > > getting ridiculous.
> > > --
> > > Lue Ebra
> >
> > No comment.
> >
> > --
> > Ken Tyler
> >
> > tyl### [at] pacbellnet
>
>    I'm going to reverse my earlier statement after reading
> some of your replies to the replies to your earlier post
> because of some replies you read to another post which
> wasn't posted to you but posted to someone else's posted
> message who if they have taken offense to the post should
> be defending their post because of the replies to that
> post and not to any post you have posted yet so far.
>
>   You somehow have missed out somewhere along the line that
> this is without a doubt one of the friendliest, most helpful,
> courteous groups of people you are likely to find anywhere.
> I don't know where you got the idea the people are regularly
> flamed on this newsgroup is beyond me. The amount of flaming
> on this NG probably runs less than .001% of all messages
> posted.
>   Whatever your beliefs I recommend you drop your whole line
> of attack, apologize to the group as a whole, and lets get back
> to talking about raytracing with Pov. As it stands now you are
> not winning friends and influencing people with your off topic
> rhetoric.
>    By the way I am an American and take offense at your attack on
> me just because of my nationality. Let that one drop quick or I
> will burn you in rendered effigy !!!
>
> --
> Ken Tyler
>
> tyl### [at] pacbellnet

"Hear, hear, well spoken, Bruce." errr.... Ken!

(with apologies to Monty Python)

Josh English
eng### [at] spiritonecom

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Kress
Date: 29 Jan 1999 17:51:50
Message: <36b23b86.0@news.povray.org>
Actually, in IE4.01 text is the default for news posting and HTML is the
default for email.

--
Jim

Check out my web site http://www.kressworks.com/
It'll blow your mind (politically), stimulate your senses (artistically)
and provide scientific insights beyond compare!

Be sure to read the Warp maintained POV VFAQ:
http://iki.fi/warp/povVFAQ.html