POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Patch POV Win 3.1e? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:28:34 EDT (-0400)
  Patch POV Win 3.1e? (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Bob Hughes
Subject: Patch POV Win 3.1e?
Date: 28 Mar 1999 18:31:10
Message: <36FEBBB1.33190756@aol.com>
Anyone in-the-know about Super Patch (povray.exe) and Photon Patch
(uvpov.exe) working with the 3.1e (Windows) version?
I've tried various ways; running in separate folders along with the
editor DLLs from version 3.1d or 3.1a, and nothing seems to work.
Is there a trick to this? Or am I doing this all in vain...?
Curious, since I had figured these were stand-alone executables so long
as they had their corresponding DLL files.
It's as if the 3.1e install does something in the registry which can
affect every other povray executable (despite the different names too).
I couldn't even run the 3.1d original pvengine.exe from another location
where it was backed up to.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe

>Anyone in-the-know about Super Patch (povray.exe) and Photon Patch
>(uvpov.exe) working with the 3.1e (Windows) version?
>I've tried various ways; running in separate folders along with the
>editor DLLs from version 3.1d or 3.1a, and nothing seems to work.
>Is there a trick to this? Or am I doing this all in vain...?

POVWIN finds its editor DLL via the registry. I think I'll have to release a
patched version that does it another way, given the number of people who want
to run the 3.1d version as well.

Post a reply to this message

povray.org admin team <new### [at] despampovrayorg> wrote:
: POVWIN finds its editor DLL via the registry. I think I'll have to release a
: patched version that does it another way, given the number of people who want
: to run the 3.1d version as well.

  Why anyone would want to use 3.1d? I don't understand.