POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Patch POV Win 3.1e? : Patch POV Win 3.1e? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:24:50 EDT (-0400)
  Patch POV Win 3.1e?
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 28 Mar 1999 18:31:10
Message: <36FEBBB1.33190756@aol.com>
Anyone in-the-know about Super Patch (povray.exe) and Photon Patch
(uvpov.exe) working with the 3.1e (Windows) version?
I've tried various ways; running in separate folders along with the
editor DLLs from version 3.1d or 3.1a, and nothing seems to work.
Is there a trick to this? Or am I doing this all in vain...?
Curious, since I had figured these were stand-alone executables so long
as they had their corresponding DLL files.
It's as if the 3.1e install does something in the registry which can
affect every other povray executable (despite the different names too).
I couldn't even run the 3.1d original pvengine.exe from another location
where it was backed up to.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe