POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Gamma 1.0 or bust! Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:17:13 EDT (-0400)
  Gamma 1.0 or bust! (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: John M  Dlugosz
Subject: Gamma 1.0 or bust!
Date: 24 Mar 1999 23:56:39
Message: <36f9c207.0@news.povray.org>
I've updated my material at
http://www.dlugosz.com/POV/Gamma/POVscene.html#zones to show a first cut at
a psycologically uniform color scale.  Not quite there yet, but the idea
holds promise.  How's it look to y'all ?

--John

Post a reply to this message

From: Bob Hughes
Subject: Re: Gamma 1.0 or bust!
Date: 25 Mar 1999 00:33:47
Message: <36F9CAA8.A5DE7087@aol.com>
Page holds promise too.
I agree with your observation, that the 100% appears a jump from the
previous 82%. I was noticing also the illusion of light to dark within
each square too. Left looks brighter than the right due to the side by
side intensities. The human eye thing is pretty flimsy.
I'd be willing to bet the dark end is not as easily discernable as the
light end, contrary to the example stated in the quoted article.
Your equation shows a "γ" for me here, likewise at the end of the
page a "—" so I'm not seeing your intended symbols. "cometent"
(competent) needs a spell-check and "ttypical" in your code is probably
not right, I'm guessing.
That enough commentary out of me yet, so far? :)

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe