POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : H/f Problem Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:18:07 EDT (-0400)
  H/f Problem (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Buke
Subject: H/f Problem
Date: 16 Mar 1999 21:57:31
Message: <36EF1A35.52EE4D12@iglou.com>
I know this is not a bug but a problem with my machine. I can't smooth
height fields. This is a new machine and I hadn't tried a smooth h/f
until now. It parses and starts the render and then illegal operation. I
thought someone else might have had this problem and could lend some
help.
I have a Dell xps r450 128 megs of ram 16meg Stb riva tnt video Turtle
Beach Montego II sound Stb 12meg Voodoo2 Sony 32x cdrom Mitsumi 4x8x cdr
and external Zip anybody with these items have this problem let me know
if you have found the problem. I tried PovWin PovDos both 3.1d and even
broke out Pov 2.2 and it crashed too. Everything else seems to work fine
but smoothing a h/f unsmoothed works fine. Thanks in advance for any
help.
                                                       Buke

Post a reply to this message

No luck yet huh? It's such a specific problem sounds like.
I guess you certainly know enough that it couldn't possibly be related
to camera or light position, that kind of thing. You know, the cursed
<0,0,0> alignment kind of crashes.
Anyway, I'm keeping this thread alive in hopes there is an answer for
you.
Anyone have an idea out there??

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe

> I know this is not a bug but a problem with my machine. I can't smooth
> height fields. This is a new machine and I hadn't tried a smooth h/f
> until now. It parses and starts the render and then illegal operation. I
> thought someone else might have had this problem and could lend some
> help.
> I have a Dell xps r450 128 megs of ram 16meg Stb riva tnt video Turtle
> Beach Montego II sound Stb 12meg Voodoo2 Sony 32x cdrom Mitsumi 4x8x cdr
> and external Zip anybody with these items have this problem let me know
> if you have found the problem. I tried PovWin PovDos both 3.1d and even
> broke out Pov 2.2 and it crashed too. Everything else seems to work fine
> but smoothing a h/f unsmoothed works fine. Thanks in advance for any
> help.
>                                                        Buke

Have you tried different image files for the HFs? You might have a
corrupt image file...

-Ed

--
Edward Wedig
aka Doc Brown

Post a reply to this message

I have tried many formats of different pics same problem.