POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : how to twist a union? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:18:45 EDT (-0400)
  how to twist a union? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: bob klimasewski
Subject: how to twist a union?
Date: 24 Feb 1999 00:07:53
Message: <36D38911.E1774059@sweet-peas.com>
here's my dilemna: a have a union group and i need to twist the ends, it
is a series of cylinders forming a ladder where i need to anchor one end
and twist the other end 180 degrees around. i have looked everywhere but
have seen no help. i am still a relative novice at POVRAY so please, be
kind.
i would appreciate any help you can give on this. hopefully it will help
me from pulling my hair out any more than it already is....
please resopnd to my main e-address: bob### [at] sweet-peascom

thanks

Post a reply to this message

> here's my dilemna: a have a union group and i need to twist the ends, it
> is a series of cylinders forming a ladder where i need to anchor one end
> and twist the other end 180 degrees around. i have looked everywhere but
> have seen no help. i am still a relative novice at POVRAY so please, be
> kind.
> i would appreciate any help you can give on this. hopefully it will help
> me from pulling my hair out any more than it already is....
> please resopnd to my main e-address: bob### [at] sweet-peascom
>
> thanks

Maybe what yoou need is a Pov related utility called Spiralizer:

http://www.armanisoft.ch/

If that isn't what you are looking for and you are comfortable
with dos command line programs get back to me and I will send
you a copy of helix and a copy of DNA. Both will create a shape
much like you describe. They are also quite small utilities
so don't take much space on your hard drive.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net