POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : World Map of POV-Ray users Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:15:05 EDT (-0400)
  World Map of POV-Ray users (Message 12 to 21 of 21)
From: Rudy Velthuis
Subject: Re: World Map of POV-Ray users
Date: 22 Feb 1999 08:04:36
Message: <36d155e4.0@news.povray.org>
Bob Hughes schrieb in Nachricht <36D0734E.3D3E7C2A@aol.com>...
>Ingo found a site that can take the name of a place (town, city,
>country[region]) and get a lat/lon (if it finds the place). Seems to
>work well.
>
> http://164.214.2.59/gns/bin/validate_query
>
>Enter the Name and select a region from the list and send that.

Thanks, but I found my coordinates in an old atlas. I already entered them
on the website. The site you quote will not load just like it is. You must
go there from some entry form, which I don't seem to be able to find on this
server. The main index says something about maritime maps only.
--
Rudy Velthuis

Post a reply to this message