POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Speed difference between PovWin 3.1 and PovLinux 3.1 Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:15:36 EDT (-0400)
  Speed difference between PovWin 3.1 and PovLinux 3.1 (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Fran & Melissa
Subject: Speed difference between PovWin 3.1 and PovLinux 3.1
Date: 12 Feb 1999 20:19:36
Message: <36c4d328.0@news.povray.org>
Note: The Linux version is currently the unofficial version. I used the
x-povray version.

Settings used

#1, +ft +b500 +e320 +h240 -a +v +d +mb3 +sp45 +ep4 -p
#2 same as above with -d and no preview renders.
Note: Win95 edit priority = Normal, render = Highest.

All times in Secs.

Render file Win95-1 Win95-2 Linux-1 Linux-2
Soft.pov        162 141 104 88
intee1.pov 53 43 34 27
fish13.pov 201 176 117 101
piece2.pov 395 359 283 255
teapot.pov 59 49 33 25

These next scene files are from irtc, to try some real world renders

galax1.pov 49 36 46 35
Voyager1.pov 93 82 55 48
Water.pov 830 714 692 661
Dawnsidi.pov 1299 1257 1240 1169
its_cold.pov 1847 1894 1671 1495

On adv I get a 26.5 % gain from using Linux.

Note on the Dawnsidi scene the difference wasn't as great, as the parse time
for the scene alone was around 6 mins.

Cheers. Fran.

Post a reply to this message