POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : help Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:35:46 EDT (-0400)
  help (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: kane
Subject: help
Date: 30 Jan 1999 11:02:23
Message: <36B33B4D.1C7F5013@yahoo.com>
I am a novice in using Pov-Ray and I have a problem. I need to connect
two points .how to do this without being obliged to work in two
dimensions.
thanks
kane
kan### [at] yahoocom

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: help
Date: 30 Jan 1999 11:21:05
Message: <36B33154.861D81DB@pacbell.net>
kane wrote:

> I am a novice in using Pov-Ray and I have a problem. I need to connect
> two points .how to do this without being obliged to work in two
> dimensions.
> thanks
> kane
> kan### [at] yahoocom

John has a macro file that will connect two spheres
with a cone. So if you have two spheres placed anywhere
in 3D space it will connect them. You have to provide
location of the spheres and it will do the rest. Having
actual spheres is not necessary as long as the right
coordinates are provided. It's worth a lookat anyway.

The macro can be downloaded from the MacroStation at:

http://twysted.net

There are several other macros available there and you might
find something else that better suits your purposes.

or from John's home page at:

http://www.erols.com/vansickl/

John also has some thoroughly useful include files that are
worth looking at if you stop by there.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet

Post a reply to this message

> > I am a novice in using Pov-Ray and I have a problem. I need to connect
> > two points .how to do this without being obliged to work in two
> > dimensions.
> > thanks
> > kane
> > kan### [at] yahoocom
>
> John has a macro file that will connect two spheres
> with a cone. So if you have two spheres placed anywhere
> in 3D space it will connect them. You have to provide
> location of the spheres and it will do the rest. Having
> actual spheres is not necessary as long as the right
> coordinates are provided. It's worth a lookat anyway.
>
> The macro can be downloaded from the MacroStation at:
>
> http://twysted.net
>
> There are several other macros available there and you might
> find something else that better suits your purposes.
>
> or from John's home page at:
>
> http://www.erols.com/vansickl/
>
> John also has some thoroughly useful include files that are
> worth looking at if you stop by there.
>
> --
> Ken Tyler
>
> tyl### [at] pacbellnet