POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : HF question Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:22:42 EDT (-0400)
  HF question (Message 8 to 17 of 17)
From: Stephen Lavedas
Subject: Re: HF question
Date: 24 Jan 1999 17:21:25
Message: <36AB9CF1.EB7456B2@virginia.edu>
HF-Lab will do it.  Just load the tga and save as an oct... they are
huge files but I haven't implemented reading tga's yet...

Steve

Ken wrote:

> Stephen Lavedas wrote:
> >
> > Darnit.... yeah...I can do it with my program which I never finished...
> > It is still a kludge (you need to convert the tgas to oct format first)
> > but I should be able to patch it to map interiors instead of exteriors
> > in very little time.  I'll try and get you a exe within 24 hours.
> >
> > Steve
> >
> > Ken wrote:
> > >
> > > Anybody have an idea how to map a height field to the inside
> > > of a sphere ? Preferably 360 degrees in all directions.
> > >
> > > Any chance Colefax's bend.inc could be used in this regard ?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Ken Tyler
> > >
> > > tyl### [at] pacbellnet
>
> It there an easy way to convert tga's to .oct ? I'm unfamiliar with
> this process.
>
> --
> Ken Tyler
>
> tyl### [at] pacbellnet

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen Lavedas
Date: 24 Jan 1999 19:44:28
Message: <36ABBE79.91A3D69E@virginia.edu>
Um, if leveller will do it, why don't you invert the height field and
map it to the exterior?  It should end up the same in the end shouldn't
it?

Steve

Post a reply to this message