POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : HF question : Re: HF question Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HF question
From: Ken
Date: 24 Jan 1999 21:05:49
Message: <36ABD174.934D5F1F@pacbell.net>
Dan Connelly wrote:

> Ken wrote:
> >
> > If you invert the HF image that Leveller uses for height elevation
> > points all that will happen is that it will be a mirror of itself.
> > The elevations will still be positive and the terrain will still
> > be extruded outward from the sphere. Nice try.
>
> Huh?
>
> If the sphere is constructed as a mesh, meshes are hollow, and thus
> mountains in the univerted image will become mountains on
> the sphere interior.
>
> Dan
>
> --
> http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/

Ha !

  I said "If you invert the HF IMAGE that Leveller uses for height
elevation points...".

  What needs to be done for this to work is to invert the HF elevation
data in the HF image itself. I suppose it's possible - just need to
rethink the way one makes positive elevation HF's in the first place.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet