POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to speed up rendering? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:23:08 EDT (-0400)
  How to speed up rendering? (Message 31 to 38 of 38)
From: Nieminen Mika
Subject: Re: How to speed up rendering?
Date: 20 Jan 1999 07:12:53
Message: <36a5c845.0@news.povray.org>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
:  Having answered this question on another newsgroup recently
: it reminded me how often it is asked. I know that this pretty
: much the same answer as given for the video card question but
: also expands upon it to cover other areas. I didn't see it on
: the VFAQ ( I might have missed it) so here is the response I
: gave.

  I added your response to the VFAQ and wrote also another one. My response
is far from complete; any suggestions are very welcome.
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~warp/povVFAQ.html#renderingspeed

--
main(i){char*_="BdsyFBThhHFBThhHFRz]NFTITQF|DJIFHQhhF";while(i=
*_++)for(;i>1;printf("%s",i-70?i&1?"[]":" ":(i=0,"\n")),i/=2);} /*- Warp. -*/

Post a reply to this message

> :  Having answered this question on another newsgroup recently
> : it reminded me how often it is asked. I know that this pretty
> : much the same answer as given for the video card question but
> : also expands upon it to cover other areas. I didn't see it on
> : the VFAQ ( I might have missed it) so here is the response I
> : gave.
>
>   I added your response to the VFAQ and wrote also another one. My response
> is far from complete; any suggestions are very welcome.
> http://www.cs.tut.fi/~warp/povVFAQ.html#renderingspeed

Looks good to me.

--
Ken Tyler