POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Raytracing too long... Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:12:09 EDT (-0400)
  Raytracing too long... (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Fabien Mosen
Subject: Raytracing too long...
Date: 17 Jan 1999 04:11:54
Message: <36A1A8A4.97B5B00B@compuserve.com>
...when while you're doing a scene, you start to think you should raise
your max_math_level.

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: Raytracing too long...
Date: 17 Jan 1999 13:23:18
Message: <36A22A11.65B93789@pacbell.net>
Fabien Mosen wrote:

> ...when while you're doing a scene, you start to think you should raise
> your max_math_level.

... when raising your max_math_level is no longer enough.

... when while doing a scene, you start to think you should raise
     your max_iq_level another 100 points.

... when  you decide to get a tattoo on your 18th birthday and practice on
    your poser people to see how it will look.

... when you can't answer newbie questions without bursting into
    uncontrollable laughter.

... when you have already forgotten more things about raytracing than
    most people will ever know about it.

... when here you are, with the brain the size of a small planet, and
    you allow your self to get sucked into yet another thread like this.

and finaly ...

 You have been raytracing too long when you know why raytracing
 doesn't take too long.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet

Post a reply to this message

What's max_math_level?  Obviously I haven't been raytracing too long.
Kyle

Post a reply to this message

> > ...when while you're doing a scene, you start to think you should raise
> > your max_math_level.
>
> What's max_math_level?  Obviously I haven't been raytracing too long.
>                     Kyle
A joke.
There is a variable called max_trace_level that you should raise when you have many
objects or reflections in a scene.

//Spider