POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Trouble with include files!!!! Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:35:47 EDT (-0400)
  Trouble with include files!!!! (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: H S Williamson
Subject: Trouble with include files!!!!
Date: 3 Jan 1999 04:28:29
Message: <368f383d.0@news.povray.org>
I very new to using POV Ray and am having trouble using some of the
textures. I use TextureView to choose the colors and textures, I can see
them so obviously TextureView can access and render them. When I try to use
certain textures, with POV Ray (stoneold.inc and povlab.inc to name only
two), my render will stop, the include file text will pop up and give me an
error message: "ERROR: color expected but undeclared identifier (whatever)
found instead." When I view the include files in the editor the text at the
top says that the include files are for POV 3.1. Why aren't they working,
what gives..............help.

Post a reply to this message

> I very new to using POV Ray and am having trouble using some of the
> textures. I use TextureView to choose the colors and textures, I can see
> them so obviously TextureView can access and render them. When I try to use
> certain textures, with POV Ray (stoneold.inc and povlab.inc to name only
> two), my render will stop, the include file text will pop up and give me an
> error message: "ERROR: color expected but undeclared identifier (whatever)
> found instead." When I view the include files in the editor the text at the
> top says that the include files are for POV 3.1. Why aren't they working,
> what gives..............help.

 Before you include a textures file you need to have the
file colors.inc included. So the top of you you pov file
should look like this:

#include "colors.inc"
#include "textures.inc" or "stoneold.inc" or "whatever.inc"

If you don't #declare "colors.inc" first then pov doesn't know what
the color names are supposed to represent.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet