POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Trouble with include files!!!! : Re: Trouble with include files!!!! Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trouble with include files!!!!
From: Ken
Date: 3 Jan 1999 04:47:17
Message: <368F3C3F.21482D68@pacbell.net>
H.S.Williamson wrote:

> I very new to using POV Ray and am having trouble using some of the
> textures. I use TextureView to choose the colors and textures, I can see
> them so obviously TextureView can access and render them. When I try to use
> certain textures, with POV Ray (stoneold.inc and povlab.inc to name only
> two), my render will stop, the include file text will pop up and give me an
> error message: "ERROR: color expected but undeclared identifier (whatever)
> found instead." When I view the include files in the editor the text at the
> top says that the include files are for POV 3.1. Why aren't they working,
> what gives..............help.

 Before you include a textures file you need to have the
file colors.inc included. So the top of you you pov file
should look like this:

#include "colors.inc"
#include "textures.inc" or "stoneold.inc" or "whatever.inc"

If you don't #declare "colors.inc" first then pov doesn't know what
the color names are supposed to represent.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet