POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVRay - bugfix release? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:17:56 EDT (-0400)
  POVRay - bugfix release? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Matthew Bennett
Subject: POVRay - bugfix release?
Date: 28 Dec 1998 12:51:24
Message: <3687c51c.0@news.povray.org>
From looking at the posts in povray.bugreports, it seems users have found a
few bugs in the current version of POV.  However, it seems the cause of just
about all these bugs have been found, and how to correct them in the POV
source files has also been posted.

I was wondering if the POV team were planning on releasing a minor upgrade
(something like 3.11 or 3.1b) that fixes these known problems - I would
imagine it wouldn't take too long to do this considering all the necessary
corrections to the source has already been given.  The most clear and
helpful post appears to be "List of bugs" in povray.bugreports - that
details just about all the current bugs, and how they can be fixed (or where
the fix was posted).

Any ideas if this "official" POV bugfix release is in the works, and whether
it will be released in the near future?

Matt

--
Author of the DataCloak file encryption utility:
http://www.btinternet.com/~bennett/datacloak.html

Post a reply to this message