POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [Idea] User Documentation Project Server Time
10 Aug 2024 20:56:13 EDT (-0400)
  [Idea] User Documentation Project (Message 16 to 25 of 35)
From: Dan Connelly
Subject: Re: [Idea] User Documentation Project
Date: 27 Dec 1998 12:02:09
Message: <36866852.FC6714A6@flash.net>
David Wilkinson wrote:

> I have just rendered (again) all four of  the examples in scenes\CSG
> and find that they emphasise interesting textures rather than clearly
> showing the way that CSG operations can be used.  This just helps to
> convince me that an objective look at on improving documentation would
> be well worthwhile.

Okay -- there is room for improvement.  But examples of CSG are
spread throughout the examples.  It is perhaps ironic that the
CSG directory may be below average in its use of CSG :).

You are correct that there is a strong emphasis in the examples
of simpler models with more complex texturing.  The "advanced" directory
is fancier, though -- excellent CSG work can be found in the
fish example and the chess example.

Still, these examples are not extremely well organized.  A coherent
framework might prove useful.

I will, however, bow out of this discussion, leaving it to those willing
to volunteer their time and effort to do the work.  I'd rather concentrate
my efforts elsewhere.

Dan

Post a reply to this message