POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spiral texture Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:20:57 EDT (-0400)
  Spiral texture (Message 1 to 10 of 19)
From: Darcy Johnston
Subject: Spiral texture
Date: 11 Dec 1998 21:16:01
Message: <3671d1e1.0@news.povray.org>
Does anyone know how to make a true spiral texture, like that of a candy
cane. I know you can use grandient x+y to simulate one but that only works
if you have the proper angle. I want to be able to animate it so I need it
to really spiral up the object.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks,
Darcy

Post a reply to this message

How about spiral1 pigment type?  That should do the trick!

--
Lance.

---
For the latest MAX plug-ins, images and much more, go to:
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone
Darcy Johnston wrote in message <3671d1e1.0@news.povray.org>...
>Does anyone know how to make a true spiral texture, like that of a candy
>cane. I know you can use grandient x+y to simulate one but that only works
>if you have the proper angle. I want to be able to animate it so I need it
>to really spiral up the object.
>
>Any help would be appreciated,
>Thanks,
>Darcy