POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Peel texture question Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:18:50 EDT (-0400)
  Peel texture question (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Antti Markus
Subject: Peel texture question
Date: 26 Nov 1998 04:54:04
Message: <365D252A.7BC5A118@chemnet.ee>
Hi

How does one use Peel texture declared in textures.inc? If I do
cylinder
{
  <0, 0, 0>, <0, 3, 0>, 2
  texture
  {
    Peel
  }
}

then the result doesn't look very peeled to me. Perhaps I am missing
something?

Antti Markus
(ant### [at] chemnetee)
(remove 123 to reply)

Post a reply to this message

From: =Bob
Subject: Re: Peel texture question
Date: 26 Nov 1998 08:14:26
Message: <365d5432.0@news.povray.org>
Depends greatly upon your viewpoint and use of the Peel textured object.
Try placing a second smaller "plain" cylinder within the Peel one to see it
better (also get entire objects in field of view and perhaps rotate them some
if camera/light is looking straight on).

#declare No_Peel=texture { pigment { rgb 1 } }

union {
cylinder
{
  <0, 0, 0>, <0, 3, 0>, 2
  texture
  {
    Peel //rotate <30,30,30> /*try transformation of the texture itself too*/
  }
}
cylinder  //interior cylinder to show Peel better
{
  <0, 0.5, 0>, <0, 2.5, 0>, 1.5
  texture
  {
    No_Peel
  }
}  rotate <30,30,30>  //transform them to vary view
}

Message <365D252A.7BC5A118@chemnet.ee>, Antti Markus  typed...

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe