POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rounded or smoothed text? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:43:34 EDT (-0400)
  Rounded or smoothed text? (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Patrick Dugan
Subject: Rounded or smoothed text?
Date: 18 Nov 1998 16:23:48
Message: <36533ae4.0@news.povray.org>
Does anyone know a way to create "rounded off" text?
When I create a text object using a TTF the edges of the letters are sharp
and I would like to create a rounded or smooth edge to the letters.  Is
there a command/parameter or some way to do this?

             Patrick Dugan

Antialiasing would seem to be the preferred technique.  I don't know if
there is a way to do this regionally in POV however.

Jim

Patrick Dugan wrote in message <36533ae4.0@news.povray.org>...
>Does anyone know a way to create "rounded off" text?
>When I create a text object using a TTF the edges of the letters are sharp
>and I would like to create a rounded or smooth edge to the letters.  Is
>there a command/parameter or some way to do this?
>
>--
>             Patrick Dugan

My recommendation is to check out Elefont. It exports in Moray UDO format
and Pov-Ray INC format. It has many ways of bevelling text.

It's a Win95 application, tho..

check out http://www.armanisoft.ch

--
Twyst
for pov-ray news, reviews, and tutorials