POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rounded or smoothed text? : Re: Rounded or smoothed text? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:24:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rounded or smoothed text?
From: Julius Klatte
Date: 18 Nov 1998 18:14:05
Message: <365354bd.0@news.povray.org>
>Does anyone know a way to create "rounded off" text?
>When I create a text object using a TTF the edges of the
letters are sharp
>and I would like to create a rounded or smooth edge to the
letters.  Is
>there a command/parameter or some way to do this?

There is no built-in function in POV to do something like
this. POV just uses the font in a way like heightfields. If
you really want smooth edges and a font that is not easily
recreated in CSG, maybe you should try to place multiple
versions of the textstring in your scene, scaled in a way
that the edges seem round...

Happy tracing

Julius