POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Density questions Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:19:36 EDT (-0400)
  Density questions (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Rune S  Johansen
Subject: Density questions
Date: 14 Nov 1998 20:35:40
Message: <364e2fec.0@news.povray.org>
I'm sure the density statement is completely logic,
I just dont quite understand it.
Sorry, if it is mentioned in the documentation.

In a density color_map "color rgb <0,0,0>"
is totally transperant, unlike in pigments.
Filter seems to have no funktion, neither do transmit.
So how can I make a partially black media?

Thanks,

Rune S. Johansen
http://hjem.get2net.dk/rsj

Post a reply to this message

The colors work differently with media.  Think of them as an amount.
Use an absorption media and <1, 1, 1> will be black.  I explain some of
this at:

http://members.xoom.com/POVRAY3/media1.html

-Mike