POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Optic errors Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:27:52 EDT (-0400)
  Optic errors (Message 11 to 14 of 14)
From: Pieter Kuiper
Subject: Re: Optic errors
Date: 10 Jan 1999 10:12:56
Message: <Pieter.Kuiper-ya02408000R1001991618160001@news.povray.org>
In article <36504c4d.0@news.povray.org>, par### [at] my-dejanewscom wrote:

> There are just some things we shouldn't expect
> from a program whose main purpose is, after all, creating pretty pictures.

I tried to use POV-ray to make a scene for an optics exam question, and
noticed the same thing: shadows are not influenced by the index of
refraction. I understand your explanation why this would be very difficult
to program, but it would be nice to include a remark on this in the
documentation.
--
Pie### [at] itnhhse        http://www.hh.se/staff/piku/

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 10 Jan 1999 16:18:16 +0100, Pie### [at] itnhhse (Pieter
Kuiper) wrote:

>I tried to use POV-ray to make a scene for an optics exam question, and
>noticed the same thing: shadows are not influenced by the index of
>refraction. I understand your explanation why this would be very difficult
>to program, but it would be nice to include a remark on this in the
>documentation.

You mean like the documentation in the "faked caustics" section of the
manual?

Post a reply to this message

> On Sun, 10 Jan 1999 16:18:16 +0100, Pie### [at] itnhhse (Pieter
> Kuiper) wrote:
>
> >I tried to use POV-ray to make a scene for an optics exam question, and
> >noticed the same thing: shadows are not influenced by the index of
> >refraction. I understand your explanation why this would be very difficult
> >to program, but it would be nice to include a remark on this in the
> >documentation.
>
> You mean like the documentation in the "faked caustics" section of the
> manual?

Post a reply to this message