POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Curved Cones? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:17:26 EDT (-0400)
  Curved Cones? (Message 4 to 13 of 13)
From: bankspad
Subject: Re: Curved Cones?
Date: 12 Nov 1998 14:26:56
Message: <364B362E.D3C4E77B@pacbell.net>
Awesome! It's perfect and the resulting "ridges" give it incredible realism.
Thank you.

KB-

Mick Hazelgrove wrote:

> Try
>
> #declare Count = 0;
> #declare Radius = 5;
> #declare Angle = 0;
> #declare SphRad = 1;
>
> #while(Count<99)
>
> sphere{0,SphRad pigment{White}
>         translate <0,Radius,0>
>         rotate z*Angle
>         }
>
> #declare Count = Count +1;
> #declare Angle = Angle +1;
> #declare SphRad = SphRad - 0.01;
>
> #end
>
> All the Best
>
> Mick
> bankspad wrote in message <364B1C4F.AC5F0ADD@pacbell.net>...
> >I am trying to create shapes much like horns, antlers, a snake's fangs,
> >etc. but am clueless as to how to go about it. Can anyone help with
> >this?
> >
> >KB-

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Weber
Date: 12 Nov 1998 17:04:27
Message: <364b5b6b.0@news.povray.org>
Now you need to show us the result!

bankspad wrote in message <364B362E.D3C4E77B@pacbell.net>...
>Awesome! It's perfect and the resulting "ridges" give it incredible
realism.
>Thank you.

Post a reply to this message

From: bankspad
Date: 12 Nov 1998 18:13:07
Message: <364B6B37.340DCC23@pacbell.net>
Okay, except I'm not too sure how.
KB-

Mike Weber wrote:

> Now you need to show us the result!
>
> bankspad wrote in message <364B362E.D3C4E77B@pacbell.net>...
> >Awesome! It's perfect and the resulting "ridges" give it incredible
> realism.
> >Thank you.

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Weber
Date: 12 Nov 1998 18:16:00
Message: <364b6c30.0@news.povray.org>
post in it povray.binaries.images as an attachment.

bankspad wrote in message <364B6B37.340DCC23@pacbell.net>...
>Okay, except I'm not too sure how.
>KB-
>
>Mike Weber wrote:
>
>> Now you need to show us the result!
>>
>> bankspad wrote in message <364B362E.D3C4E77B@pacbell.net>...
>> >Awesome! It's perfect and the resulting "ridges" give it incredible
>> realism.
>> >Thank you.

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Date: 12 Nov 1998 18:21:52
Message: <364B6D38.90B4AD00@pacbell.net>
bankspad wrote:

> Okay, except I'm not too sure how.
> KB-

  That is pretty simple. Go to the subject group povray.binaries.images.
Start a new message with a brief description of your image and then
use your news programs attach function to attach the image you have
produced in Povray. Usually this means finding it on you hard drive
where the image is stored.
  Since most people have Pov set up to output .tga files the file
sizes are very large. Most if not all people in this group convert the
image to jpg format before posting the image to help reduce the file
size and to help reduce download time. If your conversion program
supports it try to use about 25% .jpg compression. This will give
you the best file size reduction without image quality loss.

Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message