POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : real objects Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:28:41 EDT (-0400)
  real objects (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Steven Jones
Subject: real objects
Date: 26 Oct 1998 17:33:03
Message: <3634F889.45D94FF6@spiderweb.com.au>
Does anyone know how to turn a real world object into a polygon mesh
without a 3d scanner?

Post a reply to this message

From: Lance Birch
Subject: Re: real objects
Date: 27 Oct 1998 01:38:32
Message: <36356a68.0@news.povray.org>
There is software which will take two pictures (one from the front, one from
the side, at equal distances) of an object and create a "semi-3d" object
from it.  Not very accurate for a 3D model though, you really need something
like the Microscribe from Immersion.  It isn't really a "scanner" it's a 3D
tracing arm, it's useful for all kinds of work, but does cost a fair bit :-(

Hope this helps anyway.

--
Lance.

---
For the latest MAX plug-ins, images and much more, go to:
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone

Post a reply to this message