POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How do you create a weave? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:21:53 EDT (-0400)
  How do you create a weave? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Patrick Dugan
Subject: How do you create a weave?
Date: 27 Oct 1998 15:26:17
Message: <36362c69.0@news.povray.org>
Does anyone know how to create a "weave" using cylinders or some other
objects?  I am trying to create a woven object (like a cane-back chair or
window-screen.)  I have seen isosurface patches but they are only good for a
previous release of Pov-Ray.  Is there a simple way to create a single woven
cylinder (one that goes up and down like a sine wave) and then I could
simply combine those into a larger object by rotating and translating.

A side view of the cylinder might look like this:

only not quite as high, but more "squished."

Post a reply to this message