POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How do you create a weave? : Re: How do you create a weave? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:46:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do you create a weave?
From: Ronald L  Parker
Date: 27 Oct 1998 19:51:48
Message: <36376a0d.335879@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 27 Oct 1998 14:24:24 -0600, "Patrick Dugan"
<pat### [at] usticom> wrote:

>Does anyone know how to create a "weave" using cylinders or some other
>objects?  I am trying to create a woven object (like a cane-back chair or
>window-screen.)  I have seen isosurface patches but they are only good for a
>previous release of Pov-Ray.  Is there a simple way to create a single woven
>cylinder (one that goes up and down like a sine wave) and then I could
>simply combine those into a larger object by rotating and translating.

Today's your lucky day.  Run, don't walk, to
http://twysted.net/patchstation and pick up a copy of my Superpatch.
This is a massive patch to POV 3.1 that includes a number of patches
that were available for POV 3.0, as well as some new patches.  The
current release is in beta testing, and documentation is sparse.
Hopefully, I'll have a full version with documentation and the new
povwin 3.1 editor available soon.