POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : re vetices of a dodecahedron Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:27:17 EDT (-0400)
  re vetices of a dodecahedron (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Mick Hazelgrove
Subject: re vetices of a dodecahedron
Date: 18 Oct 1998 12:44:04
Message: <362a0cc4.0@news.povray.org>
Help

I need the xyz co-ordinates for the vertices of a dodecahedron
or the method for calculating them.

Hope someone can help

Mick Hazelgrove

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: re vetices of a dodecahedron
Date: 18 Oct 1998 16:39:17
Message: <362A43C7.2C2E6EB6@pacbell.net>
Mick Hazelgrove wrote:

> Help
>
> I need the xyz co-ordinates for the vertices of a dodecahedron
> or the method for calculating them.
>
> Hope someone can help
>
> Mick Hazelgrove

  I did a quick yahoo search with the keyword in quotes "icosahedron"
and yahoo retuned 2 web sites and an amazing # of web pages.
The second web page had a nightmarish amount of information.
Check out:

http://www.mathconsult.ch/showroom/unipoly/unipoly.html#VertexConfig

The dodecahedron was also mentioned and detailed at the above site.

If that doesn't work for you try the yahoo search engine.

Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

> I need the xyz co-ordinates for the vertices of a dodecahedron
> or the method for calculating them.

#local A=sqrt(5)+3;
#local B=sqrt(5)+1;
#local C=2;
#local R=sqrt(A*A+B*B+C*C);
#local A=A/R;
#local B=B/R;
#local C=C/R;

#local Point00=< B, B, B>;
#local Point01=<-B, B, B>;
#local Point02=< B,-B, B>;
#local Point03=<-B,-B, B>;
#local Point04=< B, B,-B>;
#local Point05=<-B, B,-B>;
#local Point06=< B,-B,-B>;
#local Point07=<-B,-B,-B>;
#local Point08=< A, C, 0>;
#local Point09=< 0, A, C>;
#local Point10=< C, 0, A>;
#local Point11=<-A, C, 0>;
#local Point12=< 0,-A, C>;
#local Point13=< C, 0,-A>;
#local Point14=< A,-C, 0>;
#local Point15=< 0, A,-C>;
#local Point16=<-C, 0, A>;
#local Point17=<-A,-C, 0>;
#local Point18=< 0,-A,-C>;
#local Point19=<-C, 0,-A>;

--
"Have the manners not to be hittin' the man until he's your husband, and
entitled to hit back!"

Post a reply to this message