POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [math]: object rotation problem Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:21:44 EDT (-0400)
  [math]: object rotation problem (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: sulfugor
Subject: [math]: object rotation problem
Date: 10 Sep 1998 10:52:30
Message: <35F7DB81.29A1@aei.ca>
This is my situation.
I have an object that uses  3 basis vectors to orient itself, let's call
them FRONT,TOP,LEFT.
at the beginning of my animation the basis vectors are aligned with  the
x,y,z axes, but during the course of the animation i change the
orientation of the TOP vector. I managed to make the Front and left
vectors follow the Top one while it moves.. but im having tremendous
difficulties making my objects rotate the right way.

.THE QUESTION :

How do i rotate an arbitrary object around an arbitrary axis ?
I've tried various combinations of rotate but they don't work.
I imagine i need to use a matrix, but linear algebra was a long time ago
and i'm at loss. Can someone please help me ?

I know mr. VanSickle is the matrix master around here, so i hope to hear
from you :)

--
  remove "spamkiller" from sul### [at] aeispamkillerca

	"The stars that saw the birth of our ancestors shall watch
	our descendant's last steps on Earth ..  "
                                      -AT THE GATES(RIP)

Post a reply to this message