POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Specularity mapping Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:28:24 EDT (-0400)
  Specularity mapping (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Peter Popov
Subject: Re: Specularity mapping
Date: 20 Aug 1998 00:28:58
Message: <35db97fa.0@news.povray.org>
Tim Glover wrote in message <35D### [at] nettallycom>...
>Wow - not bad for off the top of your head.  This is pretty close to
>what I wanted.  It took a few tweaks -- like Glear -> Clear <grin> --

Like #declare Glear = color Clear :)
Sorry, I was rendering at highest render/normal gui and typing was a pit
pesky...

>and still having trouble using bumpmap and texture map together, but
>DEFINITELY a good lead for further experimentation.  First tries have
>been exciting.  Guess it'll be a LATE night tonight.
>
>bye bye duct tape.
>
>Thanks for the excellent lead!

Glad I could help. Later you may try a multi-layered texture with the
undermost one for pigment and the rest completely clear, but with bump_map,
texture_mapped specular, reflection, metallic... beats 3DS's textures,
doesn't it (well, no u-v mapping in POV...yet)

>Tim Glover
>
>tgl### [at] nettallycom

Happy tracing!

--Peter