POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Concrete slabs Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  Concrete slabs (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Peter Popov
Subject: Concrete slabs
Date: 17 Aug 1998 22:07:26
Message: <35d8d3ce.0@news.povray.org>
I am currently working on a scene featuring some kind of a futuristic subway
tunnel. I want to have concrete slabs that make up the floor (and the
walls?) of the tunnel (where the rails are...later on). Can anyone suggest a
realistic way to model these (objects and textures ), and possibly some
cracks in the concrete and between the slabs? Also, any good way to make a
nice-looking riveted metal plate without a bump_map (it's cheating, really)?
You know, the kind you see on sci-fi movies, with many pieces riveted
together. Lastly, any idea what the cross-section of a subway rail looks
like? Here in Sofia we've had subway for about a year now but I've never
used it nor seen it...

Thanks in advance.

Peter

pet### [at] usanet

Post a reply to this message

> I am currently working on a scene featuring some kind of a futuristic subway
> tunnel. I want to have concrete slabs that make up the floor (and the
> walls?) of the tunnel (where the rails are...later on). Can anyone suggest a
> realistic way to model these (objects and textures ), and possibly some
> cracks in the concrete and between the slabs? Also, any good way to make a
> nice-looking riveted metal plate without a bump_map (it's cheating, really)?
> You know, the kind you see on sci-fi movies, with many pieces riveted
> together. Lastly, any idea what the cross-section of a subway rail looks
> like? Here in Sofia we've had subway for about a year now but I've never
> used it nor seen it...
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Peter
>
> pet### [at] usanet

  Here are a couple of textures I use for concrete. Use them if you wish.

 #declare Concrete =
   texture { pigment { granite turbulence 1.5 color_map {
    [0  .25 color White color Gray75] [.25  .5 color White color Gray75]
    [.5 .75 color White color Gray75] [.75 1.1 color White color Gray75]}}
    finish { ambient 0.2 diffuse 0.3 crand 0.03 reflection 0 } normal {
    dents .5 scale .5 }}

   #declare Concrete1 =
   texture { pigment { granite turbulence 1.5 color_map {
    [0  .25 color White color Gray95] [.25  .5 color White color White]
    [.5 .75 color White color White] [.75 1.1 color White color Gray85]}}
    finish { ambient 0.2 diffuse 0.3 crand 0.003 reflection 0 } normal {
    dents .5 scale .5 }}

Post a reply to this message

BTW, are these from the 1000+ textures you once mentioned in the newsgroup
(regarding a texture utility, as far as I remember) ?

Post a reply to this message