POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Concrete slabs : Concrete slabs Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:30:28 EDT (-0400)
  Concrete slabs
From: Peter Popov
Date: 17 Aug 1998 22:07:26
Message: <35d8d3ce.0@news.povray.org>
I am currently working on a scene featuring some kind of a futuristic subway
tunnel. I want to have concrete slabs that make up the floor (and the
walls?) of the tunnel (where the rails are...later on). Can anyone suggest a
realistic way to model these (objects and textures ), and possibly some
cracks in the concrete and between the slabs? Also, any good way to make a
nice-looking riveted metal plate without a bump_map (it's cheating, really)?
You know, the kind you see on sci-fi movies, with many pieces riveted
together. Lastly, any idea what the cross-section of a subway rail looks
like? Here in Sofia we've had subway for about a year now but I've never
used it nor seen it...

Thanks in advance.

Peter

pet### [at] usanet