POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Using Bezier Patches with the Difference command Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:24:55 EDT (-0400)
  Using Bezier Patches with the Difference command (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Bryan S  Jones
Subject: Using Bezier Patches with the Difference command
Date: 4 Aug 1998 16:47:52
Message: <35C767C2.D52F7DE9@discover.wright.edu>
I have created an interesting snake head.  Although I am trying to use
the difference command to subtract out the pits in the jaw.  I made the
head using a bezier patch and the pit with another bezier patch.  I want
to subtract out the pit from the head, but the render window subtracts
out the entire image.  What can I do to prevent this?

Bryan S. Jones: s00### [at] discoverwrightedu

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 04 Aug 1998 15:57:55 -0400, Bryan S. Jones
        <s00### [at] discoverwrightedu> wrote:
>I have created an interesting snake head.  Although I am trying to use
>the difference command to subtract out the pits in the jaw.  I made the
>head using a bezier patch and the pit with another bezier patch.  I want
>to subtract out the pit from the head, but the render window subtracts
>out the entire image.  What can I do to prevent this?

Bezier patches can't be used in CSG because they don't have an "inside"
and an "outside."  There's no easy way around this; you'll have to model
the difference yourself.