POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media & Fog Conflict? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:27:17 EDT (-0400)
  Media & Fog Conflict? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Scott Middleton
Subject: Media & Fog Conflict?
Date: 24 Jul 1998 02:01:31
Message: <35B814C2.7C38FCD7@pld.com>
Whenever I try using fog in a scene along with media objects, the
transparent shell of the hollow object becomes visible.  I am trying to
use a very low-lying ground fog and the media objects are high in the
sky (example: fog_altitude about 2 units with the bottom of the media
objects no lower than 14 units).  I have tried both filter of 1 and
transmittance of 1 (shells) and neither seem to stay completely
transparent when rendered.  Is anyone else having this problem?  Any
suggestions?

Post a reply to this message