POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Halos & light rays Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:25:03 EDT (-0400)
  Halos & light rays (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: defaultuser
Subject: Halos & light rays
Date: 5 Jun 1998 06:06:27
Message: <3577C322.58A3E6B9@peak.edu.ee>
I tried to make a scene with a light source within a colored,
transparent halo. I noticed that POV didn't change the color of the
light passing thru the halo :-(
Is this going to be fixed with those new features in POV 3.1?

Post a reply to this message

: I tried to make a scene with a light source within a colored,
: transparent halo. I noticed that POV didn't change the color of the
: light passing thru the halo :-(
: Is this going to be fixed with those new features in POV 3.1?

  What kind of halo? Did you use the filter component of the color? Does
the pov docs actually say light color is modified with the kind of halo
you are using?

--
                                                              - Warp. -

Post a reply to this message

> I tried to make a scene with a light source within a colored,
> transparent halo. I noticed that POV didn't change the color of the
> light passing thru the halo :-(
> Is this going to be fixed with those new features in POV 3.1?

I wouldn't really expect it to, as a halo is a weird sort of texture... ;)
However, try messing around with your pigment declaration - you might be
able to do something there.

Matt