POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Importing from CorelDraw... Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:28:46 EDT (-0400)
  Importing from CorelDraw... (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Martin T  Thoma
Subject: Importing from CorelDraw...
Date: 4 Jun 1998 05:56:43
Message: <35766F5B.31DF@radiok2r.de>
Hi !

I got an object in CorelDraw, which I want to import and extrude in
POV-Ray. Is there any posibility to do this ?

Greetings

Martin

P.S.: Please EMail your answer, too.

Post a reply to this message

From: Robert Dawson
Subject: Re: Importing from CorelDraw...
Date: 4 Jun 1998 09:58:12
Message: <01bd8fc1$fa3f1460$1c8eb88c@rdawson>
Martin T. Thoma <mar### [at] radiok2rde> wrote
> I got an object in CorelDraw, which I want to import and extrude in
> POV-Ray. Is there any posibility to do this ?

The easiest way is probably to convert it to a bitmap, and then make a
heightfield out of it. I suppose there ought to be a way of fooling the
text-object renderer into accepting it as a TTF, but I have to admit I'm
darned if I see how.

	It may also be that CorelDRAW supports some format in which the vector
coordinates are easily accessible and that a real hacker could write a
conversion utility to create a prism or polygon object. But for now, I'd go
with the bitmap.

	-Robert Dawson

Post a reply to this message

>I got an object in CorelDraw, which I want to import and extrude in
>POV-Ray. Is there any posibility to do this ?

In PoVSB there's an option to import DXF.  But I only designed it
to import DXF files from Corel.  So if you just have 2D data (no bitmaps),
then you can import into PoVSB which will allow you to extrude it and
bevel it and apply different textures to the faces/sides/bevels.
Take a look at http://povsb.simplenet.com/features.html under the DXF
feature.

    Jeff

Post a reply to this message