POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Importing from CorelDraw... : Re: Importing from CorelDraw... Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Importing from CorelDraw...
From: Robert Dawson
Date: 4 Jun 1998 09:58:12
Message: <01bd8fc1$fa3f1460$1c8eb88c@rdawson>
Martin T. Thoma <mar### [at] radiok2rde> wrote
> I got an object in CorelDraw, which I want to import and extrude in
> POV-Ray. Is there any posibility to do this ?

The easiest way is probably to convert it to a bitmap, and then make a
heightfield out of it. I suppose there ought to be a way of fooling the
text-object renderer into accepting it as a TTF, but I have to admit I'm
darned if I see how.

	It may also be that CorelDRAW supports some format in which the vector
coordinates are easily accessible and that a real hacker could write a
conversion utility to create a prism or polygon object. But for now, I'd go
with the bitmap.

	-Robert Dawson