POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVray Syntax Server Time
14 Aug 2024 01:16:03 EDT (-0400)
  POVray Syntax (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Paul Groves
Subject: POVray Syntax
Date: 18 May 1998 19:06:15
Message: <6jqgaq$928$1@oz.aussie.org>
Is the full syntax of POVrays scene/object description language available
anywhere?

I'd really like it in BNF or EBNF.

Could someone mail me the URL.

Thanks,
Paul Groves
mca### [at] ist4coumistacuk
pau### [at] claranet

Post a reply to this message

From: Doug Partridge
Subject: Re: POVray Syntax
Date: 19 May 1998 18:50:46
Message: <35620CC6.66A1@lawson.appcomp.utas.edu.au>
I wouldn't mind it either

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain CULOS
Date: 22 May 1998 18:13:29
Message: <3565F889.73B3512B@bigfoot.com>
Hi All,

I'm afraid I'm not able to answer your query, but I remember quite
some time ago, I watched a thread that was exactly about that and I
saved one of the messages, so here it is, copied below my signature
file.

I hope this helps, but I don't know how much.
My recollection of this thread is that no one knew of a BNF version
of POV-Ray's scene description language.
Besides, the language is fairly flexible, and it may not be possible
to apply the formalism to it, simply because the formalism uses a
strict grammar.

Cheers,
Al.

--
ANTI SPAM / ANTI ARROSAGE COMMERCIAL :

To answer me, please take out the Z from my address.