POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : dda_traversal() error on large renders Server Time
14 Aug 2024 01:17:17 EDT (-0400)
  dda_traversal() error on large renders (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Rob Napier
Subject: dda_traversal() error on large renders
Date: 6 May 1998 13:51:28
Message: <3550A320.AAA9B59@cisco.com>
When rendering at high resolutions (4200x3000 and 8400x6000), I keep
getting:

	Illegal grid value in dda_traversal()

This is POV-Ray 3.0 for Windows. The image seems to come out fine, and
the errors don't start until a ways into the image (it seems to vary),
but I get a lot of these messages to the console. Like I said, the image
itself seems fine, so I thought it might be a display routine, so I
tried turning off the render window (which I should have done a long
time
ago anyway...), but I still get the errors.

Is POV-Ray running out of memory at some point? I couldn't find any
memory limitations in the docs, and I couldn't find any reference to
this
error message anywhere. Is there a limitation on image size?

Thanks,
Rob

--
Rob Napier        | Vote "Linus Torvalds: Builder of the Century"
rna### [at] ciscocom |    http://www.employees.org/~rnapier/linus.html