POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New Include file for POV 3.02 Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  New Include file for POV 3.02 (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Jeffry Brickley
Subject: New Include file for POV 3.02
Date: 6 Apr 1998 12:57:51
Message: <3529098D.570AD5D5@programmer.net>
I have created my first POV Include file that some may find of
interest.  This is a "Lightning Generator" you set the initial starting
point and distance traveled to the ground and the lightning bolt and
sub-branches are generated randomly.  This is an initial public release,
A) to see if there is interest in the file, B) To get opinions of the
realism and ideas for impovement....

If you are interested, drop by my SiliconValley web page at Geocities,
there is a sample image and a zip file containing the source code and
sample scene (that generated the sample image).

Just me,
    jeff

`._`.*.'_._ ____.____   Jeffry J. Brickley
* .o   o.* `.`. +.    . jbr### [at] geocitiescom
`  |\^/|  `. * .  * ` Magic is REAL, unless declared INTEGER.
`.. \U/ . + http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/9078
`.  /_\  .`. http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/3210

Post a reply to this message

Jeffry Brickley <jbr### [at] programmernet> wrote:

>I have created my first POV Include file that some may find of
>interest.  This is a "Lightning Generator" you set the initial starting
>point and distance traveled to the ground and the lightning bolt and
>sub-branches are generated randomly.  This is an initial public release,
>A) to see if there is interest in the file, B) To get opinions of the
>realism and ideas for impovement....
>
>If you are interested, drop by my SiliconValley web page at Geocities,
>there is a sample image and a zip file containing the source code and
>sample scene (that generated the sample image).

Should we have a include file/plugins group do you think ?

Post a reply to this message

I'm sure it would get some use, but I think it's also pretty well covered
between povray.text.scene-files and povray.programming.

Ken