POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : patchy access to news server Server Time
14 Aug 2024 07:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  patchy access to news server (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Ken Cecka
Subject: patchy access to news server
Date: 17 Feb 1998 12:55:09
Message: <34e9dbb2.0@news.povray.org>
Has anyone/everyone else been enountering difficulties getting access to
new.povray.org recently.  I haven't been able to connect since last Saturday
until today, and it still seemse to be going up and down at random.  I
realize it's a public server and they're bound to encounter difficulties,
but I just wanted to make sure it was a problem with the server and not
something at my end.

Ken

Post a reply to this message

Same Here. But it seems its stable now. I will check it again tomorrow.

Dinesh Shah :-)
din### [at] indiamailcom

Ken Cecka wrote in message <34e9dbb2.0@news.povray.org>...
>Has anyone/everyone else been enountering difficulties getting access to
>new.povray.org recently.  I haven't been able to connect since last
Saturday
>until today, and it still seemse to be going up and down at random.  I
>realize it's a public server and they're bound to encounter difficulties,
>but I just wanted to make sure it was a problem with the server and not
>something at my end.
>
>Ken

Post a reply to this message

Me too....servertrouble this weekend maybe (?)
-----
- K-
-----
Ken Cecka wrote in message <34e9dbb2.0@news.povray.org>...
>Has anyone/everyone else been enountering difficulties getting access to
>new.povray.org recently.  I haven't been able to connect since last
Saturday
>until today, and it still seemse to be going up and down at random.  I
>realize it's a public server and they're bound to encounter difficulties,
>but I just wanted to make sure it was a problem with the server and not
>something at my end.
>
>Ken

Post a reply to this message

It was the  same here, and it seems to me that some messages are lost.

> Me too....servertrouble this weekend maybe (?)
> -----
> - K-
> -----
> Ken Cecka wrote in message <34e9dbb2.0@news.povray.org>...
> >Has anyone/everyone else been enountering difficulties getting access
> >new.povray.org recently.  I haven't been able to connect since last
> Saturday
> >until today, and it still seemse to be going up and down at random.  I

> >realize it's a public server and they're bound to encounter difficulti
es,
> >but I just wanted to make sure it was a problem with the server and no
> >something at my end.
> >
> >Ken

Post a reply to this message

> Has anyone/everyone else been enountering difficulties getting access to
> new.povray.org recently.  I haven't been able to connect since last Saturday
> until today, and it still seemse to be going up and down at random.  I
> realize it's a public server and they're bound to encounter difficulties,
> but I just wanted to make sure it was a problem with the server and not
> something at my end.
>
> Ken

Yes, I haven't been getting anything for about 2 weeks, but it seems to
be OK now.  I've also had problems with other sites that I usually go
to, and I assumed it was a problem with my ISPs DNS server.

--
 Andrew Humphries
  http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~andrew.humphries/

Post a reply to this message

>> Has anyone/everyone else been enountering difficulties getting access to
>> new.povray.org recently.  I haven't been able to connect since last
>> Saturday until today, and it still seemse to be going up and down at
>> random.  I realize it's a public server and they're bound to encounter
>> difficulties, but I just wanted to make sure it was a problem with the
>> server and not something at my end.
>>
>> Ken

>Yes, I haven't been getting anything for about 2 weeks, but it seems to
>be OK now.  I've also had problems with other sites that I usually go
>to, and I assumed it was a problem with my ISPs DNS server.
Not for me and not for Isp fault.... I can access
news.povray.org only once every 3-4 days.... sadly

/ Redaelli Paolo EMail: red### [at] incit | Known as Tybor on #Amiga, \
| POV-Team Amiga                        | #AmIrc and #AmigaIta      |
| Porter of AmiForge, GForge, Lparser   \---------------------------+
| Fantasy home page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/4950     |
\___________________________________________________________________/

Post a reply to this message

From: Anthony Bouttell
Date: 18 Feb 1998 01:01:27
Message: <34ec7913.210907358@news.povray.org>
Sounds like server probs to me.
On Tue, 17 Feb 1998 09:55:09 -0800, "Ken Cecka" <cec### [at] televarcom>
wrote:

>Has anyone/everyone else been enountering difficulties getting access to
>new.povray.org recently.  I haven't been able to connect since last Saturday
>until today, and it still seemse to be going up and down at random.  I
>realize it's a public server and they're bound to encounter difficulties,
>but I just wanted to make sure it was a problem with the server and not
>something at my end.
>
>Ken

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain CULOS
Date: 23 Feb 1998 17:28:08
Message: <34F1F7F8.8AB069CC@bigfoot.com>
Hi all,

I was in touch for some other reason with POV-Ray's webmaster and confirmed to me they
had one problem, solved it mid week then had another one, looks OK now doesn't it ?
Say bravo to the POV team or whoever helped to fix their problem, great to see this
server back on its wheels ....
If it wasn't there we would have to invent it ...

Cherio,
Al.

Anthony Bouttell wrote:

> Sounds like server probs to me.
> On Tue, 17 Feb 1998 09:55:09 -0800, "Ken Cecka" <cec### [at] televarcom>
> wrote:
>
> >Has anyone/everyone else been enountering difficulties getting access to
> >new.povray.org recently.  I haven't been able to connect since last Saturday
> >until today, and it still seemse to be going up and down at random.  I
> >realize it's a public server and they're bound to encounter difficulties,
> >but I just wanted to make sure it was a problem with the server and not
> >something at my end.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
=-=-=-=-= ANTI SPAM / ANTI ARROSAGE COMMERCIAL :

To answer me, please take out both minus signs from my address.

Post a reply to this message

From: GrimDude
Date: 24 Feb 1998 00:32:39
Message: <34f25e5e.0@news.povray.org>
Well, I would like to express my appreciation. Thanks Pov-Gods! :)

  I was starting to suffer from withdrawal. heh

--
Paul Hinds
gri### [at] swbellnet

Post a reply to this message

From: Scott Hill
Date: 25 Feb 1970 11:38:51
Message: <01bd4209$eae7a370$8c00a8c0@shindo>
Ken Cecka <cec### [at] televarcom> wrote in article
<34e9dbb2.0@news.povray.org>...
> Has anyone/everyone else been enountering difficulties getting access to
> new.povray.org recently.  I haven't been able to connect since last
Saturday
> until today, and it still seemse to be going up and down at random.  I
> realize it's a public server and they're bound to encounter difficulties,
> but I just wanted to make sure it was a problem with the server and not
> something at my end.

	I've been having similar problems of and on for the last week or two,
probably a server problem. :(

--
Scott Hill
Sco### [at] DDLinkscouk

"The best trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people he didn't
exist..."
								- Verbal Kent.

"the Internet is here so we can waste time talking about nothing in
 particular when we should be working" - Marcus Hill.