POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3.5 and text warning Server Time
5 Aug 2024 06:14:57 EDT (-0400)
  3.5 and text warning (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: David Mathog
Subject: 3.5 and text warning
Date: 22 Nov 2002 14:49:04
Message: <20021122114904.18ca9e72.mathog@caltech.edu>
Some povray files that used to work under 3.1 generate this warning
under 3.5.

"Warning:  Text may not be displayed as expected."

and a reference to changes in 3.5.  But I couldn't figure out which
of the changes listed was responsible.  Here is an example a text
construct which elicits such a warning (this may wrap):

   text{ttf "timrom.ttf", "TYR86 OH",0.0,0.0
     texture{ pigment{ colour red 1.00 green 1.00 blue 1.00 }finish{ LABEL_FINISH }}
     scale<   2.355,   2.355,   2.355>
     translate <   1.178,  -1.178,0>
     matrix <
        1.0000,    0.0000,    0.0000,
        0.0000,    1.0000,    0.0000,
        0.0000,    0.0000,    1.0000,
       -4.6193,  -23.1005,    6.4401

   }

where LABEL_FINISH was declared far above with:

#declare LABEL_FINISH = finish {specular 1 roughness 0.001} ;

Please enlighten me - which part of this is triggering the warning?

Thanks,

David Mathog
mat### [at] caltechedu