POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3.5 and text warning : Re: 3.5 and text warning Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:16:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.5 and text warning
From: David Mathog
Date: 22 Nov 2002 18:01:58
Message: <20021122150157.75f3a4a9.mathog@caltech.edu>
On Fri, 22 Nov 2002 21:52:19 +0100
"Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:

> In article <200### [at] caltechedu> , David Mathog
> <mat### [at] caltechedu>  wrote:
>
> > Please enlighten me - which part of this is triggering the warning?
>
> You set a version lower than 3.5 in your scene.

Huh?

Are you saying that text statements will trigger that warning
whenever version is set to 3.1?   Ok, but presumably there must then
be some cases where text statements render differently in 3.5 than they
did in 3.1.  What are these cases???

We have to set version=3.1 because most of the povray script comes
from a program I cannot modify (distributed as binaries) which emits
code for that version.

Thanks

David Mathog
mat### [at] caltechedu