POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PovRay Google Trends Server Time
18 May 2024 19:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  PovRay Google Trends (Message 21 to 30 of 126)
From: LanuHum
Subject: Re: PovRay Google Trends
Date: 12 Nov 2016 11:20:01
Message: <web.582740ab5604f237a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> You will need to join the end of the Queue. :)
> Thomas is working with me. So don't distract him. :P
>

> --
>
> Regards
>      Stephen

o.k. I am the last to welcome Thomas to. :))))))))))

But Thomas should know that I signed to him to the reception. :)))

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Horvath
Date: 12 Nov 2016 18:16:47
Message: <5827a2df$1@news.povray.org>

https://www.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=pov-ray,blender%203d,pov%20ray,sketchup

> I found that the interest in Pov seems highly localized, whereas blender
> and sketchup are more widely spread.
>
> What is this hope of which I speak?
>
> Well, SketchUp is apparently MADLY popular, and there is a plugin called
> SU2POV which allows interop.
>
> I didn't even know it existed until I specifically searched for a Sketchup
> plugin for Pov...so I think if that plugin could be improved, and sketchup
> users here and elsewhere did a bit of old-school mid 90's software
> evangelism...Pov might just get a good influx of new blood.
>
> This would need to be done most especially by those speaking other
> languages, due to the highly localized interest in Pov vs sketchup.
>
> Does anyone else have thoughts about this? Strategies?
>
> Ian

The main reasons I use POV-Ray are because it's free, and because I'm
too lazy to learn Blender. My 2 cents.

Mike

Post a reply to this message