POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PovRay Google Trends Server Time
4 May 2024 15:17:01 EDT (-0400)
  PovRay Google Trends (Message 11 to 20 of 126)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: PovRay Google Trends
Date: 11 Nov 2016 11:46:55
Message: <5825f5ff$1@news.povray.org>
On 11-11-2016 15:55, LanuHum wrote:
> A lot of exclusive and beautiful work done by users Povray.
> Many of the works are unique, but are created using text editors.
> People used their own software solutions.
> Now very few who want to use a text editor to create 3d-scenes.

Ah! There it is! This has been indeed one of the major complaints:
people (outside of POV-Ray) do not want to create using text editors
(any more). They consider this to be some kind of digital prehistoric
way of modelling. If you are cool you certainly do not do it that way.
We are not neanderthals any more after all. ;-)

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> Ah! There it is! This has been indeed one of the major complaints:
> people (outside of POV-Ray) do not want to create using text editors
> (any more). They consider this to be some kind of digital prehistoric
> way of modelling.

That's the claim - yet while Moray and Bishop3D, etc have suffered, POV-Ray has
endured and indeed has steadily improved.

> If you are cool you certainly do not do it that way.

Society: "Be yourself."
You: {commence being yourself}
Society: "Not THAT way!!!"

> We are not neanderthals any more after all. ;-)

Oh, after 70 years, have you evolved?   ;)   :D

Post a reply to this message

>> Ah! There it is! This has been indeed one of the major complaints:
>> people (outside of POV-Ray) do not want to create using text editors
>> (any more). They consider this to be some kind of digital prehistoric
>> way of modelling.
>
> That's the claim - yet while Moray and Bishop3D, etc have suffered, POV-Ray has
> endured and indeed has steadily improved.

Yes, but Blender is striving for instance.

>> If you are cool you certainly do not do it that way.
>
> Society: "Be yourself."
> You: {commence being yourself}
> Society: "Not THAT way!!!"
>

>> We are not neanderthals any more after all. ;-)
>
> Oh, after 70 years, have you evolved?   ;)   :D

I now use my fists instead of a stone to type POV-Ray code... ;)

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> > A lot of exclusive and beautiful work done by users Povray.
> > Many of the works are unique, but are created using text editors.
> > People used their own software solutions.
> > Now very few who want to use a text editor to create 3d-scenes.
>
> Ah! There it is! This has been indeed one of the major complaints:
> people (outside of POV-Ray) do not want to create using text editors
> (any more). They consider this to be some kind of digital prehistoric
> way of modelling. If you are cool you certainly do not do it that way.
> We are not neanderthals any more after all. ;-)
>
> --
> Thomas

I will not argue.

I did not go for full automation of the way.

However, kicking to the moon is not reached. Even if very much to believe in
yourself. Conservatism - not the way of the future. Yes! You're a talented
artist!
How many people you teach work in Povray?
I'm not talking about the forum.
I do not speak ill of the Povray and its users.
I wish you success!
I say that you do not want to evolve with the times. You do not want to adopt
modern techniques.
Talk about some Moray (50 kilobytes of source code)
Folder Blender in Linux - 380 megabytes. Problem: y instead of z, z instead of y
:))))
Keys for any parameter animation textures, vertex keys; bones; dozens of
modifiers and deformers ... plus your manually code or
your manually code plus keys for any parameter animation textures, vertex keys;
bones; dozens of modifiers and deformers...
It all can not help you and your students?
You will not be surprised by a man who shaves with an ax?

:)))

Post a reply to this message

> I now use my fists instead of a stone to type POV-Ray code... ;)

Showoff.

I often get stuck using my forehead.  :|

Post a reply to this message