POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray 3DNow! optimized Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:24:17 EDT (-0400)
  Povray 3DNow! optimized (Message 10 to 19 of 19)
From: KillFile
Subject: Re: Povray 3DNow! optimized
Date: 29 Nov 1998 00:31:08
Message: <3660DBD9.CF60912C@keldin.com>
Their clock might run slower, but they've spent their money on where it
really matters to us.  The FPU.  Compare render times for the various chips
and you'll find that competitors chips that run at a faster clock render more
slowly because of faulty/poorly made FPU's.

(though AMD looks like they may finally fix this in the next gen)

KillFile

Post a reply to this message