POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray 3DNow! optimized Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:27:23 EDT (-0400)
  Povray 3DNow! optimized (Message 11 to 19 of 19)
From: Miguel Alvarez Rodriguez
Subject: Re: Povray 3DNow! optimized
Date: 30 Nov 1998 14:55:42
Message: <3662F9CF.788D09CC@abonados.cplus.es>
Lewis Sellers wrote:

> gilberto wrote:
> >
> > Are Povray team planning a K6-2 3DNow! optimization ?
>
> The K7's should be fun. Dual K7 800mhz. yummy. :)
>
> Anyone noticed that Intel cpu's are slower than alpha's, powerpc g3's
> and amd's? <laughter>

I did.

> Must have spent all their money on those flashy commercials and didn't
> have anything for r&d.

I'm with you.

> --
> Lewis A. Sellers: writer and contract Multimedia Website Developer
> mailto:lse### [at] usitnet (The Fourth Millennium Foundation)
> http://www.public.usit.net/lsellers/ & http://www.intrafoundation.com
> http://brain-of-pooh.tech-soft.com/users/critters/bios/sellers_lewis.html
>
> "The comedy is over" -i pagliacci

Post a reply to this message

From: Lewis Sellers
Date: 2 Dec 1998 23:21:40
Message: <366611E7.60DBA131@usit.net>
KillFile wrote:

> (though AMD looks like they may finally fix this in the next gen)

Yea. Looks like the k7's will have 2 to 4 times the fpu power of the
closest intel designs. :)

--
Lewis A. Sellers: writer and contract Multimedia Website Developer
mailto:lse### [at] usitnet (The Fourth Millennium Foundation)
http://www.public.usit.net/lsellers/ & http://www.intrafoundation.com
http://brain-of-pooh.tech-soft.com/users/critters/bios/sellers_lewis.html

You can bug the living bejesus out of me live on ICQ @ 491461
(If I don't get back to you within a month, I'm out of prozac in some
dark corner somewhere screaming things quite unintelligable but -- most
curiously -- thick with a sumerian accent.)